sábado, 8 de octubre de 2022

 


 EMBEDDED QUESTIONS

Hello guys, today I bring you a very interesting topic and that many do not know but they use it a lot and they are embedded questions.



An embedded question is a type of question which is included within another question or sentence. It is different from other types of questions, as there must not be any auxiliary verb between the question word and the subject.

Sentences that include embedded question usually begins with common introductory phrases like:

  • ·       Could you tell me
  • ·       I’d like to know
  • ·       I’m not sure
  • ·       Do you know
  • ·       I wonder
  • ·       Would you mind
  • ·       Let’s ask


Examples:

1. Direct Question: What work did he do best?

Embedded Question: I’d like to know what work he did best.

2. Direct Question: What is her name?

Embedded Question: I wonder what her name is.

I leave a link for you to practice

  • https://www.perfect-english-grammar.com/embedded-questions-in-statements-exercise-1.html


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

What natural setting in Colombia is a must-see?

  What natural setting in Colombia is a must-see? Hello, readers, today I bring you a recommendation of a place that you should visit, you w...