sábado, 27 de agosto de 2022

Modal verbs

                                                  MODAL VERBS 👀

Hi guys, today I want us to learn a little about modal verbs. I hope you like it and learn a lot 😋


--> Modal verbs are used to express certain hypothetical conditions, such as advice, capability, or requests. They’re used alongside a main verb to change its meaning slightly. Because they’re auxiliary verbs, they can’t necessarily be used on their own. 

Modal verbs are quite common in English, and you’ve probably seen them hundreds of times without actually knowing their name. The most frequently used ones are: 


  • can
  • may
  • might
  • could 
  • should
  • would
  • will
  • must

We use modals to show if we believe something is certain, possible or impossible:

My keys must be in the car.
It might rain tomorrow.
That can't be Peter's coat. It's too small.

We also use them to do things like talk about abilityask permission, and make requests and offers:

can't swim.
May I ask a question?
Could I have some tea, please?
Would you like some help?

I hope it has served you, see you soon 


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

What natural setting in Colombia is a must-see?

  What natural setting in Colombia is a must-see? Hello, readers, today I bring you a recommendation of a place that you should visit, you w...